- Our picking guideline is NO FLAG, NO PICK. We will identify trees with fruit ready for picking by tying a ribbon flag to the end of a branch. Please do not pick fruit from any other trees even if it looks ripe.
- Picking 101 - the proper way to pick tree fruit is to twist gently and lift up - do not pull down on the fruit or you will damage the fruit and the tree.
- Many of our trees and plants are very young. To keep them safe and healthy so you can enjoy picking from them in the future, please do not touch them unless you have been taken there to pick.
- We take cash and checks payable to Wagon Wheel Orchard.
- There is only one entrance and exit to the orchard – this is the gravel drive located just to the south of the big Wagon Wheel Orchard sign. Please do not pull into any other gravel drives nearby as they are private property.
- Parking does not open until the orchard opens. Please do not park or stop your vehicle on the 2-lane county road in front of our orchard waiting for us to open. If you arrive early, we ask that you drive around the block until we open the lot.
- Park in front of the multi-colored flags in the gravel parking area first.
- Parking is limited so please park to allow as many vehicles in as possible.
- If the gravel parking area is full, you may park in the overflow grass lot designated by the multi-colored flags.
- The hay rack will be operating when we are properly staffed to take you to the fruit trees in the back, to tour the orchard, and to take you to the pond.
- There is no guarantee that we will be operating the hay rack at any given time.
- Please be prepared to walk to and from the back orchard (1/3 mile or about 7-10 minutes one way) if you don't want to wait. If you have children, we suggest you bring a wagon!
- Enjoy the gourd maze during your tour of the back orchard but please do not touch any plant growing at the base of the maze walls - these are the gourd plants that give the gourd maze its name.
- The Trading Post will be open with our famous slushies, honey straws, & seasonal produce.
- We have one porta-potty with hand sanitizer located in the front orchard by the parking.
- Equipment, implements and supplies may be laying about since we are a working farm. Please do not disturb.
- We do have neighbors and ask that you respect their privacy and property.
Enjoy watching the horses on the neighboring property. Please do not feed them. They do not belong to us and are not ours to feed.
- We have goats, chickens, ducks and catfish who all love to be fed...but please don't feed them apples!
We appreciate all of your continued support as we work to create a fun, family-friendly orchard!
Post a Comment